Empowering African Scientists
The East African Genome
- Less than 8% of sequencing data in current genome databases is from participants of African origin.
- To unravel the huge variability of the East African Genome is not only key for the realisation of precision medicine in Africa.
- It is essential for our understanding of human disease, drug development and pharmacogenomics globally.
- We work with African decision makers to empower African Scientists to harness this incredible valuable resource.
- This will improve the health of African citizens and contribute to wealth creation and regional research capacity building.
Our mission is to save the lives of young children and adults by leveraging our intellectual property and know-how to enable precise and rapid diagnosis of inherited blood disorders, infectious diseases and early-stage cancer in sub-Saharan Africa.